Meeting Time: 7:00 pm
Meeting Location: Administration Building Board Room
Any person present who wishes to address the board or raise any question about public school district matters or governing policies may do so under public participation. No discussion of personnel or individual students is permitted at this time. A limit of three minutes is placed on each speaker. Persons who want more time may make arrangements to be placed on a future agenda. The public is also reminded that they may provide input on all motions being considered by the board at this meeting.
1. Call to order 7:00 pm
Pledge to the Flag
2. Individuals, delegations, correspondence
3. Items for Action
A. Approve minutes of previous meeting(s)
B. Approve bills and wages for February
C. Audit report from Kim Dare, Galusha, Higgins, Galusha
D. Policy recommendations
E. Hire substitutes
F. Hire track coaches
G. Request approval for out of district students
H. Call for election
I. Levy decisions
J. Suggestions from the special meeting on funding for 2011-2012
4. District reports
A. Primary School
B. Intermediate School
C. Middle School
F. Curriculum and Asssessment
5. Trustee reports
3. Items for Action
- Approve minutes of the February 8 regular meeting and March 1 special meeting
- Approve bills and wages for February 2011
- Audit report from Kim Dare, Galusha, Higgins, Galusha
- Policy recommendations
The following are recommended for approval on second reading
Policy 3311- Firearms and Weapons (Choose Option 1 or 3)
Policy 3310P- Discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Hire substitutes
- Hire track coaches
The following are recommended to coach track this spring
4th coach name at the meeting
- Request approval for out of district students
The following are recommended for out of district enrollment for the remainder of the school year. The family has moved and they are requesting to have the children finish the year at Lockwood.
Kindergarten Syrail Bowens
Grade 1 Nataya Bowens
- Call for election
The Trustees must call for an election on May 3, 2011. Laurie has provided a
- Levy decisions
General fund levy at allowable level
Laurie will provide options on each of these and the taxable mills related to them.
- Suggestions from the special meeting on funding for 2011-2012
More than $500,000 fewer funds are available for next year than the current year
according to preliminary budget projections as posted by OPI on March 1. In an
attempt to solve the budget problems many suggestions were placed on the table at
the March 1 special meeting. Below are a few that need decisions at this meeting.
Others can be worked into budget development over the next few months.
- Letter to MEA/MFT requesting to open the Master Agreement for discussion.
- Non-renew non-tenured staff so that decisions can be made on programs and staff for the 2011-2012 school year. This would be carried out in the proper legal manner at the April regular meeting. The superintendent will bring a formal recommendation at that time.
- Retirement incentive offer to certified staff as outlined in the attached document. This is open for discussion and suggestions.
- District Leadership "sets clear, non-negotiable goals for learning and instruction, yet provides school leadership teams with the responsibility and authority for determining how to meet those goals."
- In order to make our district more consistent with academic and behavioral goals, I am working on a design for K-5 to have two principals acting together with common goals and objectives that are most effective in meeting student needs and raising student achievement. The K-5 personnel and academic goals would be with Mr. Bowman and the management of goals related to personnel and academic would be with Mr. DeBoer. They would work as a team to bring about consistent delivery of instructional goals. With the 4-year grant that will provide training on RTI and MBI, we need the staff to have common meetings and set common goals with language that is the same.
- Tammy Seiber-Harris donated a brand new paperback set of the Chronicles of Narnia to the Intermediate Library. We are so fortunate to have generous parents who are willing to do this. Thank you for adding to our library!
- Pamela Frantz donated 39 paperback books to the Intermediate Library. We appreciate her generosity.