OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
LOCKWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT #26
YELLOWSTONE COUNTY, BILLINGS, MT
[Back to Minutes Home]
April 18, 2005
CALL TO ORDER
APRIL 18, 2005
The special meeting of the Board of Trustees of School District No. 26, Lockwood Schools, Yellowstone County, was duly held in the Board Room, 1932 U.S. Highway 87, Billings, Montana, on Monday, April 28, 2005.
Chairperson Tim Trafford called the meeting to order at 6:42 p.m. He led those present in the pledge of allegiance.
The following trustees and officers were present: Trustees: Tim Trafford, Barbara Forrester Frank, Gayle Walker, Thomas Jones, District Clerk Diane Brook and Superintendent Eileen Johnson. Trustees Jim Painter, Greg Bochy, and Teresa Stroebe were absent.
Facilities Director Art Anderson and Evelyn Pyburn of the Yellowstone County News were also present.
Chairman Trafford asked Barbara Forrester Frank to lead the discussion about Study Circles.
Barbara provided the attached Study Circles Planning Sheet for review and discussion.
After brainstorming and discussing several ideas the consensus of those present was to proceed as follows:
[Back to Top]
- Clearly define the Board Goals and background information to be provided to the Study Circles. Clearly define the items and questions to be posed to the Study Circles. This will be done at the next Facilities Special Meeting.
- Use the survey information that was gathered by the POET Committee a few years ago, rather than conducting another survey.
- Recruit and train facilitators for the Study Circles by August. Eileen mentioned Courtney Bjordahl, who had received facilitator training when she worked for American Express. Barbara asked Eileen to contact her to see if she could help with this process.
- Sign-up for Study Circles during the September Open House. Provide information and sign-up sheets for participation in study circles. The sign-up sheets would have different days of the week, so an individual could sign up for a time they are available.
Special Board Meeting
April 18, 2005
Study Circles will conclude their work before Christmas Break.
- Establish groups of eight to ten individuals for each Study Circle.
- Create discussion materials to distribute, so each group has the facts.
- Kick-Off session will be held within one week of the Open House. It was noted that all meetings should be no more than two hours in length. They should start and end on time.
- Kick-Off session will be a dinner. Barbara Forrester Frank and Gayle Walker will be in charge of the food arrangements. They may ask for donations from businesses to help pay for the food.
- Provide the Study Circles with a tour of the school during the school day if possible.
- Study Circles will meet separately and converge the last meeting to try to form a consensus.
Eileen said she would retrieve the POET Committee survey information from the server and provide it to the trustees.
The next Facilities Meeting was set for Monday, May 16, 2005, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:11 p.m.
Timothy Trafford, Chairman
Diane M. Brook, District Clerk
[Back to Top]