Lockwood School District # 26
||Middle School Building Secretary
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
||To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Exhibits genuine care and concern for all individuals with whom you come into contact including
students, teachers, parents and the general public.
- Maintains all student records such as attendance, report cards, student transfers etc., both in hard
copy and electronically and prepares 8th grade records for high school transition.
- Prepares all midterms and reports cards for students and calculates honor roll for publications.
- Registers and orientates students and parents who are new to or returning to the district.
- Receives and routes incoming calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Processes electronic information (i.e. voice mail, email, faxes etc.)
- Assists in maintaining building employee attendance records and helps to arrange for coverage for
absent employees as needed. Checks all support staff time sheets before giving them to the principal.
- Maintains and updates all office forms.
- Composes and distributes written parent/community correspondence such as student handbook and public announcements.
- Prepares and collects data for state and federal reporting.
- Maintains and orders office supplies as needed.
- Attends professional development opportunities at the request of the administration.
- Schedules parent/teacher conferences and meetings.
- Screens student illnesses and injuries and decides which children will be seen by the school nurse. Communicates with nurse’s staff, parents and teachers regarding student health issues.
- Uses electronic student information system to maintain student records and to generate reports
as needed and is willing to learn new technologies as they are implemented.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and student information and school operations and
- Sorts and distributes all Lifetouch information and pictures, along with taking care of the yearbook
orders and collection of money.
- Assists Billings School District #2 with the sign-up and collection of money for driver’s education.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma and at least one year of college and previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Reasonable degree of proficiency in typing.
- Working knowledge of basic office procedures and office equipment such as fax machines, copiers,
phone systems and use of computers in word processing, database management, designing forms
and other applications.
- Effective in time management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and by telephone. Requires vision to read computer screen, written reports and materials, mental skills to make independent decisions while meeting accuracy and productivity requirements. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk and may need to bend, squat and lift up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Busy office environment. Must be a self-starter with good multi-tasking skills and still maintain a
professional and friendly manner at all times. Must be willing to work effectively with a variety of
personalities and be flexible with working hours.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.