Lockwood School District # 26
||Middle School Principal
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
||Certified & classified middle school staff
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
||Chief administrator of the assigned building
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Develops and administers a quality educational program within the guidelines and standards developed by the Board of Trustees and the Office of Public Instruction.
- Monitors classroom instruction and evaluates performance of teachers and professional staff.
- Supervises, oversees, and evaluates performance of clerical, cafeteria and other classified employees to maintain quality support services.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with board policies and rules, regulations and directives.
- Develops and maintains good working relations with community organizations and leaders.
- Holds frequent meetings and conferences with teachers, students and parents to deal with educational and discipline problems.
- Acts as liaison between parents and professional staff in operating programs for students with learning disabilities, physical or psychological limitations and other special needs.
- Maintains a visible presence in the building and playground to enforce safety and security standards for students and faculty.
- Works with staff to prepare yearly budget requests and monitors spending to conform to budget restrictions.
- Supervises allocation of equipment, educational material and supplies in conformance with approved expenditures.
- Supervises preparation of attendance reports, test results and other reports as required by the Office of Public Instruction and other agencies.
- Responsible for control and discipline of students.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid class 3 Montana teacher certificate with principal’s endorsement.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, parents, and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Excellent organizational skills to provide effective administration.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and general knowledge of issues and problems in all aspects of the middle school.
The physical demands described within this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely performs routine work. The employee frequently exercises flexibility (ability to shift from one task to another). Guidance and reinforcement are infrequently available. The employee frequently works within timeconstraints and maintains attentiveness intensity. The employee is frequently involved in social interactions that require oral and written communications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee frequently will work irregular or extended hours while performing the duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.