Lockwood School District # 26
||Food Service Manager
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
Food Service Staff
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
||To serve the students attractive and nutritious meals which meet all of the USDA requirements and follow the Food Guide Pyramid, in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and friendliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Oversees the daily operation of the Food Service Program.
- Monitors the Federal Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Program in accordance with federal requirements.
- Takes care of any correspondence from USDA and Montana State Office of Public Instruction School Food pertaining to the school food program.
- Keeps the required daily production record books on file for 3 years plus the current year.
- Oversees the inventory and ordering of food, supplies and minor equipment.
- Arranges for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and
- Trains and supervises food service staff to ensure proper food handling, preparation, sanitation and safety practices according to the HACCP Food Safety Program
- Plans menus and size of servings that conform to federal requirements and provide nutritional meals.
- Determines the quantity of food to be prepared daily.
- Works with food service staff in any area as needed.
- Checks food shipments into the school according to the HACCP Food Safety Program, signing invoices after each delivery has been verified.
- Reports to the supplier any inferior quality food product received.
- Interviews and recommends to the superintendent the hiring of food service personnel.
- Submits the monthly time sheets to the business manager.
- Submits all monthly bills to the accounts payable department.
- Requires working with a computer.
- Evaluates employees according to School Board policy.
- Required to hold and maintain a Serve Safe Certification.
- Attend meetings and in-service as required.
- Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prefer Bachelor of Science degree in Food Service Management or Nutrition. High school diploma and experience in food service management and/or nutrition may be substituted.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle stress and work effectively during rush conditions.
- Ability to adapt well to changing situations.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Maintain cooperative relationship with students, faculty, staff and parents.
- Ability to comply with board policies, rules, regulations and directives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Current tuberculosis test required to be on file.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee has a greater than average risk of getting a minor injury such as a cut or burn while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.