Lockwood School District # 26
||Family Resource Center Liaison
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
||To support families, teachers, and community participants in their efforts to assist students in achieving educational excellence and bridge the gap between home, school and community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Establishes the Family Resource Center as a welcoming place that invites participation and partnership through the development of a wide variety of "welcome" activities for parents/families.
- Meets with various teams to develop a yearly plan for outreach activities to increase family and community partnership with the school.
- Oversees all activities developed in the yearly plan by connecting parents and teachers, facilitating meetings, providing information and hosting events in the family center.
- Coordinates ongoing activities to provide information and support to build on family strengths such as workshops responding to parent's requests regarding school-related home learning activities, appropriate homework assistance, school clinic, regulations and testing.
- Welcomes parents who come in for appointments, etc., and act as a liaison between parents, teachers and administrators.
- Management of Family center's daily activities.
- Maintains excellent record keeping, including documenting all events and activities in the Family Center.
- Provides regular written reports to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees regarding activities, events and expenditures.
- Develops priority lists and rationales for discussion with the Superintendent and District Administrative Team.
- Supervises volunteers including developing task descriptions and discussing activity reports.
- Prepares materials and equipment requests for purchase.
- Meets with the Superintendent, Board of Trustees, Teachers and community participants to develop and expand the center’s activities and volunteer pool.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A parent of a child in the school.
- Congenial and have good communication skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and words well independently.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working with families and schools.
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Confident in their ability to work with other professionals, especially the teachers in the school.
- Demonstrate ability to support and work effectively with young people.
- Available for flexible work schedule including some evenings, weekends and summer hours.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the community and its resources.
- Most of all, able to set a tone in the center that all parents are welcome and needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and stand; twist at neck and waist; kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments. May be required to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside, but some duties and practice drills will be performed outside, including recess, field trips, fire drills, etc. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee is directly responsible for the safety and well being of students.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times can be noisy.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.