Lockwood School District # 26
||Elementary Building Secretary
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office to maximize the positive impact on the education of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Processes all student enrollments and transfers.
- Maintains all students records (i.e. attendance, visitor and discipline.)
- Receives and routes all incoming calls and messages in a polite, professional manner.
- Greets visitors, handles their inquiries and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for parent teacher conferences, etc.
- Composes, copies and distributes parent/community correspondence (i.e. announcements, reminders,)
- Maintains the building employee absenteeism and reports.
- Locates substitutes for building employees in emergencies.
- Maintains all office forms (i.e. district, state, federal, etc.)
- Announces and pages on the school PA system when needed.
- Maintains scheduling and event calendars.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly administration reports (i.e. student counts, classroom totals, monthly enrollments and transfers.)
- Manages field trip approvals, parent reminders and fee collections.
- Maintains and orders office supplies
- Assists the principal in the administering of minor student discipline.
- Attends professional development opportunities at the request of the administration.
- Administers first aid for all sick and/or injured students while communicating with parents and/or medical personnel as necessary.
- Composes written correspondence (i.e. letters, memos, reports, etc.) upon request of the principal.
- Processes electronic information (i.e. voice mail, faxes, e-mail, etc.)
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in typing, computer, heavy phone volume and people skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems.
- High school diploma and three years experience as a school secretary preferred.
- Knowledge of office software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, PowerSchool.)
- Able to multi-task under pressure while keeping a professional demeanor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and by telephone. Requires vision to read computer screen, written reports and materials and mental skills to make independent decisions while meeting accuracy and productivity requirements. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk and may need to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works inside in a fast-paced setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.