Lockwood School District # 26
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
Carries out supervisory duties as assigned in accordance with district policies and applicable laws.
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
Under district office supervision, provides leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the curriculum and instructional program of the district. Plans, implements and manages all curriculum development for district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Provides leadership in planning and conducting curriculum studies including special programs for new courses, funding, staffing requirements and curriculum impact.
- Participates in the selection of textbooks and provides guidance concerning textbook and other instructional material usage.
- Advises staff development committee on programs which address curriculum needs.
- Keeps abreast of state requirements and ensures curriculum alignment with such requirements.
- Responsible for District Assessment Plan administration and integration.
- Aligns local assessments to the local curriculum.
- Coordinates building level curriculum committees.
- Assures continuity in all subject areas.
- Serves as resource for delivery systems.
- Assists with writing, revising and submitting of the Five Year Plan for the district and each building.
- Assists the principals with the supervision of Title 1 staff.
- Takes over administration duties in the absence of principals.
- Meets regularly with district administrative staff to review district and building procedures and policies.
- Acts as a coach for teachers with instructional advice.
- Assists the Professional Development Committee with suggestions for staff growth that is meaningful and related to instruction
- Effectively leads, directs and manages a multitude of projects, tasks and services simultaneously.
- Maintains a focus on how decisions and processes will enhance student achievement.
- Anticipates, and sometimes creates changing conditions and effectively leading others in evolving and adapting to change.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences and stakeholders in widely divergent situations.
- Sensitively addresses the needs of school administrators in the challenging task of providing high quality curriculum.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree.
- Valid Montana teaching and/or administrative certificates with appropriate endorsements or the ability to obtain it.
- Demonstrated five (5) years of successful teaching and/or administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Montana Content Standards and school curriculum.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- The physical, mental and emotional stamina commensurate with the responsibilities and expectations of the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.