Lockwood School District # 26
||Computer Lab Assistant
Building Principal or Designee
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
||To assist teachers and students in the smooth operation of the lab’s computers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Develops schedules for computer lab time with department heads, teachers and administrators.
- Operates computers in loading and controlling program/curriculum output at terminals for classes and individual students.
- Answers students’ questions about computer-assisted instruction programs and terminal operation.
- Assists teachers using the computer lab.
- Performs moderate troubleshooting tasks.
- Records and reports hardware and software problems to supervisor.
- Cleans computer monitors, keyboards and other peripheral equipment.
- Provides in-service training for all computer lab users.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- One year typing and two years operational computer experience required; high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by or including courses in typing and office practices; or any combination training and/or experience likely to provide the desired knowledge and abilities. Related work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Knowledge of computer operations – capable of interpreting various computer programs, documentation and relaying information.
- Operate computer peripheral equipment.
- Computer peripheral and central processing unit troubleshooting.
- Efficient data processing techniques.
- Knowledge of public education goals and objectives.
- Effectively comprehend, operate and explain applications and use of terminals and curriculum to students, teachers, administrators and visitors to the computer lab.
- Establish rapport with students, staff and administrators.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions, independently.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform routine clerical work and light typing.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand; travel from building to other sites. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.