Lockwood School District # 26
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
||Oversees and directs the club activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and participates in the school site club and special project programs.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates club and special activities in accordance with district policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Assists in the establishment of club and special project operational procedures, and in the election club and special project officers.
- Review, monitors and audits fundraising activities, and establishes specific method by which funds are accounted for the controlled.
- Review, monitors and audits the publications and materials prepared for distribution by club and special project groups.
- Selects or assists in the selection of materials, equipment and supplies used in the club and special project activities.
- Arranges for fundraising activities (e.g., candy sales) to provide payment for fees and materials.
- Maintains records of all revenue received and expenses incurred by the club.
- Completes other tasks within the scope of the activity as assigned by the principal.
- Makes recommendations to revise, update and incorporate creative and innovative trends into the district club and special project functions and activities.
- Keeps the building principal informed of all activities.
- Ensures adequate supervision and safety for students involved in the program.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Expertise pertaining to the particular school club/activity.
- Directly related student activity experience is required to perform specialized service in sponsoring, monitoring and advising students participating in club activities. The club and special project activities must be pursued following prescribed principles, methods and concepts.
- The ability to make application and interpretation of date, facts, procedures and policies in determining proper courses of action.
- Strong interest in the activities associated with the activity.
- Positive personality characteristics that encourage good human relations among students participating in activities.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, procedures and strategies concerning the development and maintenance of an effective club and special project activity program.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and procedures pertaining to club and special project tours and visitations.
- Knowledge of modern trends pertaining to club and special project instructional processes and activities.
- Provide specialized resource support and coordination of a creative and innovation club and special project.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal accountability controls.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Establish and maintain effective organization, community and public relations.
- Devote time outside the school day to the activity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk and may need to bend, squat and lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The job also requires the accurate perceiving of sound, handling and working with educational materials and objects and providing oral information and instruction detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing he duties of this job, the employee works inside and occasionally outside. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be noisy. The employee may be involved in interactions that require oral and written communications.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.