Lockwood School District # 26
|SUPERVISES (if applicaable):
|JOB DEFINITION OR GOAL:
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel; and to perform related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Assists instructional personnel with development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises.
- Assists students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities.
- Monitors and assists students through drill, practice, and study activities following presentation of instructional concepts by instructional personnel.
- Assists in supervision of students and in maintaining student discipline.
- Performs a variety of regular clerical duties such as filing, typing or duplicating materials.
- Performs general clerical duties for instructional staff, such as typing and duplication of materials.
- Distributes and accounts for materials such as textbooks, supplies and equipment; collects, assembles, catalogs and distributes resource materials.
- Assists in maintaining a variety of reports and records.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly and attractive learning environment.
- Assists in scoring tests; computes and records grades.
- May assist in parent conferences if requested by the instructor.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be
required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of at least two years of study at an institute of higher education; obtain an associate or higher degree or meet a rigorous standard of quality; and can demonstrate
through a formal state or local academic assessment the knowledge of and ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and math.
- Knowledge of general concepts of child growth, development and behavior characteristics.
- Routine record keeping.
- Knowledge of public education goals and objectives.
- Assume responsibility for assisting in supervision of students.
- Perform routine clerical work and light typing.
- Learn and utilize basic methods and procedures to be followed in instructional settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient, warm, positive and receptive attitude toward children.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, students, parents and general public.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand; twist at neck, bend at waist; kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments. May be required to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside but may be assigned to outside activities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must work well under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.